Personal Identifiable Information: We may collect personal identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register and open up an account on our Site, opt-out on our Site, subscribe to any newsletter we may publish, respond to any survey, fill out a form, or in connection with any other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users who use and open up an account on our Site may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number, home address, social security number, or birthdate. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously and not provide any personal identifiable information. We will only collect personal identifiable information from Users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, with the understanding that such refusal may prevent them from using all the services in our Site or engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identifiable Information: As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, provide security, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We also use It to supplement our data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
How we use collected personally identifiable information: lnterchecks collects and uses personal identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To file quarterly estimated or annual 1099 tax forms: We may use information provided and payment data to work with a third party to efile tax forms with the IRS.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when accepting a payment request or initiating a payment request. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete a transaction.
- To send Users information: We may use the Information Users provide to forward information about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To send periodic emails: We will use the email address a User provides for order processing, to send information and updates pertaining to a user’s order or to provide notices and updates regarding our company policies or procedures. The email address may also be used to respond to User inquiries, and/or other requests or questions submitted by a User. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will also receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Sharing Your Personal Identifiable Information: We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users of our Site with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Service Providers: We may provide your personal identifiable information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities and process payment transactions such as financial institutions and EDI providers. These companies are authorized to use your personal identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Legally Compelled Information Sharing: We may also disclose your personal identifiable information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If lnterchecks is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
User Access, Choice, and Retention of Personal Identifiable Information: If your personal identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend or delete any aspect of your personal identifiable information or your entire account by making the change within the account preferences area of your account portal or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected].We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We will retain your personal identifiable information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your personal identifiable information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Opt-Out Preferences: When you enroll in our services on our Site, we will use your name and email address to send payment notices to you. You may choose to stop receiving payment notices or marketing emails by following the opt-out instructions included in these emails, accessing the opt-out process on our websites or in your account settings page or you can contact us at [email protected].
How We Protect Your Personal Identifiable Information: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal identifiable information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at [email protected]
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act: Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.